Saturday, June 28, 2008

How I met Mom and Dad


Hi there, my name is Brooke! I first spotted mom and dad at the pet store while they were shopping for dog food. Lucky for me, I'm an American Akita or they probably wouldn't have stopped to give me a second glance. They weren't looking for another dog, especially a 'pet store' puppy, but I was determined to change their minds. I showed them how I wasn't shy with the other puppies, but was careful not to be too rowdy. When mom picked me up, I got really excited and began wagging my tail and giving her kisses - it didn't take long to win her over. Dad had been watching all this and I could see he was breaking down, but he was really trying to stand tough. It took a lot of persuasion from mom and the store clerk to even get him to hold me, but once he did, I knew I almost had him. The clerk really helped me out when she told them I was born on Friday the 13th. They seemed really happy about this and in no time we we're in the car heading home.

It's been 2 1/2 years and life is pretty great. Mom and dad expect me to be obedient, and I almost always am. Lately though, I sometimes can't help myself and I run out of the yard to chase a squirrel or rabbit when they tell me no. They don't like when I do this and will cut my playtime short and put me back in the house. They hate to 'punish' me and I'm not crazy about it either, but I know I deserve it. I think I'm just going through a teenage thing and hopefully it won't last much longer.

Well, thats pretty much it for now... hopefully mom will let me write again sometime soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Harumph (LOL)
Her name is actually Bruich Laddich , pronounced Brook Laddie < wink >
Whilst my my better half was searching the internet for "Japanese " names for our little girl , and getting absolutely no response on any of the 20 or 30 names she tried from our yet nameless bundle of puppyhood joy . I decided a toast was in order for me to celebrate our new familly member. Still hearing names being called at the puppy , and seeing no response yet ( pushing 40 - 50 names so far ) < rolling eyes by now > . So I thought I'd give a shot at a name, I just said "Brook Laddie " ( just put the cork back in the bottle ) Up she jumped from her slumber and has been known ever since as Brook .
That's my side of the story , and I'm sticking to it .

Phil

tula monstah said...

Hopefully you see read your blog.. we're akita-fans here too. I've had 3 other akitas and tried to match japanese names too. Until I found tula--- please vist our blog to learn more.

kiss kisses,
tula &dee