Friday, August 22, 2008

NYS Fair Pics

Mmmm, there's nothing like the smell of beef, pork and chicken cooking low and slow. Hubby bought his first smoker this past spring and has been hooked ever since, so of course, we had to stop and check out all the various setups, not to mention conduct a few taste tests. ;o)
The fair always brings out the kid in me, and I can't leave without visiting all the various livestock - sheep, cows, goats, pigs, horses, alpacas, rabbits, etc... I'm sure hubby wouldn't complain a bit if I said I wanted to skip them - but he was a good sport and came along with me. I in turn, reciprocated by joining him to check out the old/antique tractors.

New for 2008 was a second memorial in dedication to our service men and women. You can't see it well in the pictures, but there are several brick paths representing each branch of the military that extend from the sculpture. The individual bricks list the name of the soldier, rank and years of service. I was pleasantly surprised to find that my nephew had a brick in the Air Force path.


Pictured below is the Navy leg of the original veteran's memorial where my dad has a brick.


All in all, hubby and I had a great day despite my being a little queasy for a few hours after taking a ride on the Top Spin. This wasn't the first time I had ridden this ride, but I'm pretty sure it'll be the last! I eventually recovered and was able to enjoy several other rides, plus we stayed late enough to catch a great fireworks display and I won my first ever game of 'I Got It'!

Not sure what the Top Spin does - click the play button!



Video courtesy of: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a14_1190564973

No comments: